Addins.ps1 does not work properly when AppV package is updated


Hi all, i usee the addins.ps1 powershell script as provided by this forum.

All seems to work fine now, but…..

AppV package 1 using the addins.ps1 created a OPEN key for that package. All works fine.

The we update that package 1 to a new package 2 with new content and enable it and assign it to the connection group. Package 1 we disable in the appv console.

Next on the client we see that the new (2) package is published and does mention in the log that the addin is already installed and does not update the OPEN key. In fact it should do so since the package/version GUIDs are changed with the new version (2) of the package. Also we see that the old (1) package is unpublished and remove the addin OPEN key :-(.

The the result is a published new package (2) but without a OPEN key.

Within the script checks are done by using $Addin.Name which is for the old and new package the same. I think there is the issue and we should not check on $Addin.Name but on more than that.


  • You must to post comments
Showing 0 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.